Methodology Colour design
The methodology of colour design includes the following steps:
- Inspection of planning documents
- Recording of design decisions that have already been made
- Inventory/actual analysis
- Functional analysis of the project
- Person subgroup analysis of room users
- Situation/location analysis
- Building analyses – indoor/outdoor
- Development of a material and colour concept
- Creation of colour collages and colour samples
- Presentation of the design
- Possible post-processing of the design
- Possible design of sample rooms
Calls for tenders
- Awarding of services
Preparation of orientation plans
- The orientation plans serve the implementation of the concept.
Construction supervision/project support
- Verification of the implementation of the colour and material concept
Procedure for basic investigations and analyses
The colour designer develops meaningful colour concepts on the basis of a differentiated performance profile. The most up-to-date information about the project and its users is helpful. In addition, the colour designer inspects the planning documents with the site management during the checkpoint clarification and obtains the relevant product documents, samples and other relevant information. He deals with existing and newly proposed materials and products. The materials defined by the site management are thus checked for their suitability and usability as far as possible.
The colour designer uses actual and target analyses to ascertain the status quo and the function of the various rooms.
Analyses of the different groups of persons provide information on activity, daily routine and length of stay. The size and location of the rooms is checked and analysed in relation to the individual user groups by means of a location or location analysis.
One of the most important sources of information is the survey and clarification of needs with the user groups. The colour designer uses acceptance profiles in order to determine the impression quality of rooms in their current state. The determination of the future room moods (target state) is carried out using the same method. After determining the quality of appearance, the profiles are evaluated, compared and analysed.
Discussions also take place with the management of the building equipment and the construction management of the project.
Once the list of the needs of all the groups of people involved, the profiles of the room impressions, the results of the inventory and the discussions as well as the collection of the product samples are available, the design work of the colour and material concept can begin.